Friday, March 14, 2008

Let Me Dust This Off For You



A few weeks ago Dan Flynn and I (check out Dan's blog and amazing stick figure animations) got to talking about our old work. He showed me his older character designs that he was embarrassed about, which had a very strong anime influence. I thought they were great looking, but he's definitely come a long way since those days. In any case it was better than anything i could do.

But that conversation got me thinking about an old "resume" i made in college of all my 3D stuff from highschool. "You did 3D?", you ask. Yup, i made characters that look pretty much like the only ones i draw and the stories i pretty much made up as i went along. I think my only really impressive character was optimus prime.

The reason i gave it up is simple. One day my computer crashed and i lost every background, every character, and every prop model i'd made over the past 3 or 4 years. It was right when i was getting somewhat decent at modeling too. So i said "f*ck fish" and i never went back into the water again.

But thanks to my conversation with Dan, here is my old old old "reel". Oh, and there are a few shots of films i made back when i was 15 at a summer program at BU... enjoy...

2 comments:

Dave Schlafman said...

Has Pixar seen this? You may be able to get work from them.

Dan Flynn said...

Hahaha, you're too kind. Seriously. You know that stuff I showed you was complete crap! Now I feel obligated to post some of it in my blog.

But seriously, you were in high school when you did this. I can't think of a single person who would ever put that much effort into anything in high school. And it definitely shows off your great eye for cinematography.